Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TEEN CHALLENGE - A GOD CONNECTION

I recently found out that my city, Elkhart, is now privileged and blessed to have a Teen Challenge operating and ministering here locally. Praise God!

Teen Challenge is a 12 -15 month Christian rehabilitation program for men who are 18 years and older. They deal with life controlling problems-drugs and alcohol are the most predominate issues. What I totally love about TC, founded by David Wilkerson, is that Jesus and knowing Him is the key to the program, which will bring a total life transformation! The program has incredible success rate.

It’s awesome they are here in Elkhart. This is kind of funny as they been here for over a year…lol.. But, I just found out and immediately starting praying for them and was inquiring of the Lord about networking with them.

Well, within a week, as myself and a couple brother were leaving the Elkhart County Jail I crossed paths with a couple young ministers who were also leaving the Jail as they had just finished their meeting.

As we introduced ourselves I was floored when the brother, Mark Howell, introduced himself as on staff at the Elkhart Teen Challenge. We embraced and greeted each other. Mark told me how he was praying for people to connect with in regards to evangelism. So we are both excited to see what the Lord has in store.

Yesterday, I was able to visit the Teen Challenge building and meet the Director, Andy Collins, who is an awesome young man- who is devoted to Jesus and is a man on-fire for God with a passion to see people’s lives changed by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Please keep Teen Challenge in your prayers. Hopefully we will be seeing more of each other..Amen!

No comments: