Tuesday, May 27, 2008

NEW YORK CITY OUTREACH

I just want to give everyone a shout of thanks for the prayers in regards to my New York City mission trip. It was an absolute incredible time! I hooked up with some forty urban/street missionaries from around the United States we took a bite out of the big apple! There were so many people that were witnessed to and prayed with. Sometimes its hard to put words together to share the absolute blessing this was.


We witnessed at Ground Zero, on the Subway, Time Square and Thompson Park. Plus anywhere else we were walking. We actually went to Times Square three times in the evenings. This was an incredible place. There were literally hundreds of thousands of people that walk and site see down this street. We ministered to every imaginable race and creed; from every religion to paganism to atheists, really, you name it and they’re in New York.


I met many Catholics. This was hard ground to minister too because so many trust in their own works and do not want to listen to what the Bible says. I actually had my first opportunity to share the Gospel with on two different occasions with Jewish men. They also were resistant to the Gospel. I believe I was able to sow a little seed in the second conversation I had with one he seemed a little more open as I shared with him the prophecies full filled about Jesus.

I also spoke with many people into New Age and Paganism, this mostly lead to arguing and debates so I tried to end the conversation quickly when that started.

I met many people who claimed to believe in God but had no real relationship with Him.

Many people claim they "believe in God" or say they are "Baptist" or "Methodist" or when I ask them how they came to know Christ they would say "all my life." When I’d probe a little deeper they would usually want to end the conversation quickly. I would stress to them that God wants to know them personally and that just knowing about God don’t save a person. You must be born again!


I did meet many people who were open to receive Christ. I was able to pray with a little Korean woman who would occasionally drink at the clubs with her friends. She was open to repent and cried out to Jesus. Tears were streaming down her face as she asked God to forgive her and give her ability to resist the temptation to drink when she is lonely. Amen! This was awesome!

On another occasion a young man and his girl friend came upon me at Times Square. While I was ministering to the guy, some of the other gals on the Raven team were ministering to the girl. Both the guy and the girl ended up repenting and making Jesus Lord of their lives. It was so cool when the two came together and each shared what happened. –It was incredible!


Another highlight that only God could orchestrate was we met a man that was a Chaplain of a local mission. We met him at Thompson Park. Thompson Park is where we made up sandwiches and went in and fed and prayed with the homeless and anyone else in need.

This Chaplain hung out with us and he enjoyed our company and the zeal we all had to minister to the lost. It was great having the opportunity to sow into him, he was eating it all up and loved the fellowship with us.

He asked if we could go back with him to the mission, as he needed to do roll call for the evening. As we were waiting outside we had the opportunity to minister to many guys who were inside the fenced yard or walking by us on the street. The Chaplain then came out of the building and said he got permission for us to go in and minister to some of the guys if we wanted and of course we did! It was an incredible time Pastor Alex Hill from Florida preached and exhorted the men to look to Jesus!! We then were able to lay hands on guys and pray for them. It was awesome! Guys were coming up for healing & deliverance. Many were weeping and crying out to God—It turned into a Holy Ghost Revival Praise God!! One little Asian man walked up to me and I asked him what he wanted God to do in his life and without batting an eye the little man said "I am a sinner and I need God to forgive me of my sins".--- Wow! Praise God! I asked him a few questions to see that he understood who Jesus was. I then led this little Korean man in prayer crying out to Jesus for forgiveness of his sins!! –Totally incredible! –It was an incredible time!

There are so many more to share I don’t have time nor the typing skills to perform this.. lol.. lol..

Thanks so much for all of your prayers!

God Bless!
Steve Ignowski

No comments: