Sunday, October 28, 2007

ELKHART STREET MINISTRY UPDATE



Kevin and I went out to the streets of Elkhart this past Friday night to minister Jesus. We always go with just trusting God to lead us to "whosoever".

Right off the get go we met two homeless people named Pat and Pam, both have been homeless for a couple of years. They were very bitter about their situation and had a real negative attitude toward God. Both of these folks are letting the devil and their situations dictate their lives. The devil does a good job, bringing despair and "woe is me" attitude. When we think the world owes me and God needs to do all this and that just for me.

We ministered straight with these two. I plainly shared with them the reality of a devil who is deceiving them into accepting these situations in their lives. I shared that God cares. that's why Jesus died for them. Now the question is what are you going to do with Jesus?

It's too easy to give up and think "I've tried prayer. No one cares!God when are you going to start doing things in my life?"

We ministered to them for about an hour and prayed with them.

By this time, it was getting dark and we walked down the river walk and ran into 2 families fishing (while the guys were fishing the 2 ladies and kids were waiting). We talked to them for at least an hour. The one guy I talked to was named Kyle - he is away from God and doing his own thing.

I shared with him about the judgment that is to come and his need for Jesus. I shared on sin and our depravity and how we will all fare on Judgment Day without Jesus. He seemed real quiet but he was listening. --Kevin was sharing and talking to the other guy, who was a Christian.

All in all we had a great night of sharing Gospel seed. Please keep Kyle in your prayers!!

-Steve

No comments: