Tuesday, July 10, 2007

JAIL UPDATE: AWESOME TESTIMONY!!




Last night at the County Jail was incredible! A team of us went in and shared the love of Jesus. Debbie Rennier, Bethann Darling, Bro John Cownes, Donavan McCormick and myself. This was Bethann’s first time ministering in the ladies cells and her and Debbie had a great time. It’s an awesome thing to see how God can move when we step out, even with the fears and anxiety, God dose great things when we just make ourselves available that is really what He is looking for our availability.

We guys headed right to cell block #2 to minister and on the way in I seen Jim in a holding cell. Jim was a man I met last week on the street in Elkhart while we were street ministering. This was quite the set-up meeting this guy twice within two weeks. God is really reaching out to this man. I stopped and ministered to Jim while Bro. john and Donavan went to the cell block. Please keep Jim in your prayers as he has many issues especially with his wife as both got locked up two days ago. I ministered the Word with Jim. I really stressed to him how it wasn’t by happen stance that I met him twice in two weeks and how God is really after you. He agreed and we talked and prayed.

I then went and hooked up in the cell block #2 with Donavan and Bro. John. They were both busy ministering to different men and sharing the Word. When I walked in one of the first guys I seen was a man who God led me too the last time I was in the Jail. A young man named Josh. I knew right when I first seen him that God had something in store for him tonight. We greeted each other, he remembered me from two weeks ago and I started sharing the Word with him.

Ten minutes into our time together I asked Josh if he was ready to really commit his life to Jesus and lay down all this mess. He said he was “real close”. I kept ministering and sharing the Word. Josh was receiving and taking it all in. God move on me to tell him that many are going to be at the Great Judgment that were “real close” but they never totally surrendered their live to Jesus. “Real close” doesn’t get you in to heaven. You need to lay it all down and receive Jesus and allow Him to change you!

I discerned that Josh had this mind set like so many, that we need to clean ourselves up first, then we can come to Jesus. I stressed with Josh that we cant clean ourselves up!! That only Jesus can clean us up! Josh prayed right there in the Jail cell and received Jesus, trusting in Him as Lord and Savior! PRAISE GOD!! Josh laid it all down. He laid down all the drugs- alcohol, all the rebellion. I serve a God who still saves the down and out’s---- PRAISE JESUS!!!

I spent the remainder of the time digging into the Word with Josh explaining to him some basics of Bible reading, prayer, Christian fellowship and how God lead’s us through the Holy Spirit. I really stressed with him how God’s kingdom is 100% opposite of the worlds kingdom and we learn God’s way through His word.

Josh goes to sentencing in two weeks. He is facing 4 years. He’s hoping for house arrest. Were definitely going to keep in touch, I plan on visiting him a couple of times before his sentencing and I plan on keeping in touch through the mail. Please pray for Josh. Pray that God’s will be done on the sentencing and that God will help him and teach him the way of the kingdom, God’s kingdom!!

God is doing great things!! If anyone would desire to come in with us or want more information please contact me. Also, please pray for us and we continue to minister on the Streets, Juvenile Centers and the Jails. God Bless

-Steve Ignowski
574-612-0555

No comments: